Lotsa random things happened the last few weeks. I will start by sharing some of the conversations my mom and I had while we picked blueberries, visited one-a-many Starbuck's, and watched baseball.
ME: It sucks, one of my friends' jobs got outsourced to China. Do you know what it means to be outsourced?
MOM: You are fired and deported from the country?
ME: No, it means... *lengthy explanation of outsourcing* ...do you understand now?
MOM: Oh, that can't be happening under Obama's reign.
MOM: I want a medium strawberry banana smoothie.
BARISTA: Ok, one grande smoothie coming up!
MOM: *gets all serious* Excuse me, I said medium, not large. Didn't you understand me? I spoke clearly!
MOM: Why have the Red Sox played the same team every night?
ME: It's a series, you know?
MOM: You mean the World Series?
MOM: I like Barack, but not Michelle. I don't like what she said about opera.
ME: What did she say about the opera?
MOM: She said there can't be two first ladies. Very rude to opera.
ME: What does that have to do with opera? ... ... ... wait, do you mean Oprah?
MOM: Yes, op-per-rah.
I love my mom dearly, but sometimes, I think things get lost in translation. At least my mom can cook yummy Japanese food!
Besides my mother visiting in August, more random stuff took place!
- JJ Abrams lens flare took over our cabin by the lake photo shoot this past Labor Day weekend. UPDATE: it was not a cabin by the lake. It was a cabin by the ocean. The water was salty!
- The very talented and fantastic Tim McClanahan from The Torn ACLs remixed "Where Did I Wake Up?" and did such a great job, it's encouraged me to make Gary go mix the original for my album! P.S. The Hoot Hoots are awesomesauce.
- 3 out of 11 songs are done mixing thanks to Gary Reynolds so far. woot, woot!
- And I think the fabulous Mike Day might be doing a reggae remix of a song?!
- Rain Sushi (my favorite spot to go to while recording at Electrokitty Studio) closed! I was able to use my last 2 Groupons right before they closed at least!
- Went to a Dead Can Dance show (yes, they're still around and rockin') and our seats happened to be right next to my boyfriend's father's second ex-wife's brother. It is a small world after all!
- Finally, a spider fell on my neck as I was falling asleep! It scared the wits out of me!
ANNNNND that's pretty much it for now.